Emerald City Muscle

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here at ECM, we welcome all types of vehicles. From track racing to drag racing, domestics to imports to exotics, We're about it all! The only catch is that we revolve around SPEED. If you like to go fast, consider this your new home!

+4
topsey_kretts
Backroad_Beast
g3t_t0rk
1200bruce
8 posters

Greatest muscle car of all time is......

1200bruce
    1200bruce

Greatest muscle car of all time is...... Empty Greatest muscle car of all time is......

Post  1200bruce Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 pm

g3t_t0rk
    g3t_t0rk
    Admin

Greatest muscle car of all time is...... Empty Re: Greatest muscle car of all time is......

Post  g3t_t0rk Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Everyone must have watched Gone in 60 Seconds before that poll lol!
    Backroad_Beast
    Backroad_Beast

Greatest muscle car of all time is...... Empty Re: Greatest muscle car of all time is......

Post  Backroad_Beast Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 pm

g3t_t0rk wrote:Everyone must have watched Gone in 60 Seconds before that poll lol!

Can ya blame 'em? Haha that movie was literally the thing that really got me into cars.
    g3t_t0rk
    g3t_t0rk
    Admin

Post  g3t_t0rk Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Backroad_Beast wrote:

Can ya blame 'em? Haha that movie was literally the thing that really got me into cars.

Actually... Me too Laughing
    Backroad_Beast
    Backroad_Beast

Post  Backroad_Beast Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:37 pm

g3t_t0rk wrote:
    Backroad_Beast wrote:

Actually... Me too Laughing

Haha can't say I'm too surprised, it's that good. And that was a hard time for a kid to not be a car nut considering both Gone in 60 and the Fast and the Furious came out in the same school year, which I think for me was 6th. I was helpless against the horsepower epidemic haha.
    topsey_kretts
    topsey_kretts

Post  topsey_kretts Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 pm

at least the cuda made the top 5.
    2003 SVT
    2003 SVT

Post  2003 SVT Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 pm

65' GTO? IMO I think a 1970 GTO is more of an icon than a 65...
    Marc S
    Marc S

Post  Marc S Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Backroad_Beast wrote:
    g3t_t0rk wrote:Everyone must have watched Gone in 60 Seconds before that poll lol!

The original Gone In 60 Seconds from 1974 is my era. When the 1974 movie came out, I was 10 years old.
    Stevo151
    Stevo151

Post  Stevo151 Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 am

nice list lol

2003 SVT wrote:65' GTO? IMO I think a 1970 GTO is more of an icon than a 65...

67 GTO FTW!
    Backroad_Beast
    Backroad_Beast

Post  Backroad_Beast Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:13 am

Marc S wrote:
    The original Gone In 60 Seconds from 1974 is my era. When the 1974 movie came out, I was 10 years old.

I'm pretty sure that's the same age I was when the new version came out. I've only seen the original once or twice but I actually liked a lot. I'll admit the original Eleanor was not my cup of tea, but I actually like the ending better than the new version.
    IROCDave

Post  IROCDave Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Like how it ended with a Ford advertisement Suspect Might explane why so many mustangs made it. How does a Hemi Cuda not land near the top? ZL1 Camaro, aluminum BB Corvette? No were to be found. 73 SD Trans Am also MIA. BOP had a lot of nice, rare muscle cars around 69 also. I know the list is subjective and was probably a poll on social security aplications but man there were better choices. Speaking of choices, how about a 57 Chev?

This thread has givin me an idea. Check out the next thread starter.
    g3t_t0rk
    g3t_t0rk
    Admin

Post  g3t_t0rk Wed May 04, 2011 8:27 pm

WHOA. I need to brush up on my old school muscle!
    Backroad_Beast
    Backroad_Beast

Post  Backroad_Beast Wed May 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Now that you mention it, I am actually very surprised that the 57 Chevy didn't make it. That was an American icon to say the least.
    IROCDave

Post  IROCDave Sat May 07, 2011 11:03 pm

One of the senior PM's in the company I work for has an extensive Corvette collection. One of his cars is a 67 and has an alluminum headed 427 with a four speed. It sounds nasty with the factory solid lefter cam. He is the head of the national corvette restorer society. His name is Bob Johanson.

Their are so many other cars that should have made the list.
    Backroad_Beast
    Backroad_Beast

Post  Backroad_Beast Sun May 08, 2011 3:50 pm

IROCDave wrote:One of the senior PM's in the company I work for has an extensive Corvette collection. One of his cars is a 67 and has an alluminum headed 427 with a four speed. It sounds nasty with the factory solid lefter cam. He is the head of the national corvette restorer society. His name is Bob Johanson.

Their are so many other cars that should have made the list.

Ok so ya I couldn't remember what was on the list so I had to go back and check. How the hell did the 67 Corvette Stingray not make the list!?! That's the car that's been called "the American Sportscar" for a half century or more. I'm not a Chevy guy but that's just ridiculous. I mean seriously, the GSX makes it but not a single Corvette!?! Nothing against the GSX or Buick guys but come on. The Corvette looked better, had better performance, and had a way bigger influence on American car culture.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content